Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fabulous evening out

Last night I was able to get together with some friends and scrapbook!! Nothing better!! (except a date night with my hubbie) I did not get into bed until 3:30am!!! J's wake up at 6:30 came really really early!! Did you think the pastor will be understanding this morning at church if I sleep through the sermon?

On a more serious note, I have been doing some thinking and praying about my "Kingdom work" - my life and how I am living it for Jesus. Recently I have been feeling that I am too involved in my own life and not involved enough in the lives of those around me. I had lunch with a friend recently and I felt like I had nothing to discuss except my kids. Now I am well aware that raising these girls is important Kingdom work - no doubt about it. But I feel like I am being called to do more, that is a little overwhelming because I feel like I don't have time. I know that is not true. (You should see how much time is wasted on the computer everyday!!) I read recently about serving others being a sacrifice - I will have to sacrifice something to serve others. I am praying God would reveal His Plan and Will for my time.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

It was lots of fun last night!! I managed to make it till 8am until I could no longer ignore the noise over the monitor. Can't complain though; they thought they were helping by playing as far from me as possible!