Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Got some answers

Today we watched Beth Moore's teachings on peace. That woman is blessed with the ability to lay it out there!! I love listening to her. God speaks to me through her.
God is revealing things to me slowly (or I am slowly grasping things He has been trying to teach me for years!). I am learning so much about the Holy Spirit and His power. He has never been "real" to me. I have wondered,"How do I get what she has?" Our leader has always said, "You already have it!" "The secret is Jesus in me, the hope of glory" I still did not understand, I still did not know how to access it (him). God revealed this year that I have to empty me of myself. There is only room for one, if I am full of me, there is no room for the Holy Spirit to be. He can't fill me if I am full of myself. Let me tell you, I am full of myself!!!! No wonder I have been living a defeated Christian life, no wonder I can't seem to do anything right when it comes to doing His work. I have not been living my life full of the Holy Spirit! Beth taught us to empty ourselves each morning with all of our junk so the Holy Spirit would have room to be. Sometimes I feel like I don't have enough time!!! There is so much of me! I am working on it. I am trying to remember to take time in the morning. I need to remember I can do it throughout the day. God is a God of NOW! He can change me NOW! "God, let me speak out of love to my daughter" (when she has been whining for the past ten minutes!!!) I want to get better at remembering I have access to HIM whenever I need Him. He is there waiting to provide.
I serve an amazing God. I humbled by his perseverance in pursuing me. He does not leave me hanging. I stand in awe of HIM!!

1 comment:

amy said...

I have yet to watch or study anything by Beth Moore but my womens group may do her 7 week study on Psalms