Monday, March 24, 2008

Peace

We are studying the fruit of the Spirit in our women's Bible study. This week has been about peace. I think I mix up peace and feeling calm. Is it a lack of peace when the whining gets on my nerves and I completely snap at my daughter? Is it a lack of peace that causes me to be frustrated when Hubbie does not do something "my" way?
My image of peace is unruffled, not phased by the events happening around you. Jesus was always in control even when he was mad (in the temple courtyard). Is that peace, always being in control (or is that self-control, which we have not gotten to yet!)?
I guess I need to spend some more time in prayer about peace and how that should look in my heart and ultimately in my life.

1 comment:

cindyhill said...

One definition Beth Moore had in the study was "peace means the absence of fear and turmoil, not the absence of pain and grief." I thought it was interesting when she said that it concerns her when she sees people not shed tears at the passing of a loved one saying they are at "peace" with it. She points out that Jesus cried at the loss and hurting of his loved ones.