Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ashamed

I am so ashamed right now. I just finished reading this article on Kat's blog about a young boy made to beg in the streets. I am so caught up in my own little world that I am completely unaware of events like this. I am so concerned about when we can move to a bigger home (and be closer to Hubbie's work), I am so caught up in what do we give the girls' for their birthday, when can I print more pictures for a hobby, the list goes on and on.

I recently followed a group of bloggers as they went to Uganda with Compassion International. Their trip also opened my eyes to the reality of the world around me. I have seen the Oprah shows about Africa and the like, but watching these everyday people experience poverty changed me. I wanted to sponsor a child, I still want to and we are working on the budget to make that happen. But what do I do in the mean time? What do I do with the knowledge that I live a cushie life?

Dear Lord,
Please forgive me of my selfishness. Please make me aware of opportunities to bless others. Please make me bold enough to act in those moments! Please help me change my priorities and my way of thinking.
Thank you!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Hey April
Its Libby Christiansen
Send me an email, so that I can catch up with you! Sorry I had to Levae a comment, but I couldn't figure out another way to message you!
Libby

Libby said...

not sure if you can get my email from this....lol...I am new to blogger!!
here's my address
nathanandlibby@gmail.com