Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Life and Death

Dear Lord,
My heart is heavy today. Granddaddy is sick and dying. Only You know how much time he has left with us. His illness raises many questions in me. Could I have done more? Could I have been a better granddaughter? Does he know You? Are You his Savior? When he goes, will he join You forever? Only You hold those answers, since he is no longer able to communicate with us. I pray he does know You. Even more I pray You reveal Yourself to him if he does not know You.

Daddy mentioned something the other day that has taken hold of me. His father has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Is that what his future holds? That thought shakes me to my core. I know You hold his future in the palm of Your hand. Please give me the assurance that he does know You.

God, thank you for Your faithfulness. Thank you for Your believability. Thank you for being my Rock, my hiding place.