Friday, April 18, 2008

Organ Donation

Nate at Confessions of a CF Husband is having an interesting conversation about organ donation over on his blog. He is obviously a HUGE proponent!! He has some great Q&A posts about organ donation.

I have always been an organ donor (since I got my drivers license). But witnessing Tricia's story unfold has confirmed my decision. Through my death I just might be able to help someone else live: a mother might live to see her child grow, a father might be there to give his daughter away on her wedding day, a husband might walk many more years beside his bride.

I encourage you to think about it. If you have questions, Nate has some great resources on his site.

1 comment:

Valtool said...

April, I basically have to agree with you on the whole topic. I never considered NOT being an organ donor. I don't know how viable any of my organs will be, but if I am not volunteered as a donor, it won't matter anyway. Bottom line is if I die, I have no need for my organs anymore, so why not let someone else use them for a while? :)