Friday, May 2, 2008

God is moving...

in my heart. Praise God!!
But it is really uncomfortable. He is broadening my world.
Since February I have been following several bloggers that went to Uganda on a Compassion International trip. That was the beginning of the "movement" within my heart. Their trip changed me. I became aware of just how selfish and greedy I am and our country is. I have no NEEDS that are not met, but I am not satisfied with that, I want my WANTS fulfilled too.

One of the bloggers I have been following is Shaun Groves. He does some amazing work with Compassion. Right now he is in the Dominican Republic shooting some footage about Compassion's work there. Once again I am blown away by the circumstances people are living in. The really sad part is that a U.S. company is the one causing some of the conditions! It breaks my heart to think that people are so greedy that they would abuse another people to make a profit (I know this has been going on for generations).

For awhile I felt helpless. I can't sponsor a child yet (we are working on that). I can't write the company and demand they change their ways. I can't write to my government and demand that they demand the company change their ways. I can't make a difference in those people's lives.

Satan has been lying to me and I have been believing that lie. "prayer isn't enough. prayer can't change things, especially not your prayers!"
Praise God that His voice has broken through the lies. God is telling me something different, He is telling me the Truth. Prayer is a great place for me to start!!

Lord,
I "approach your throne of grace with confidence" on behalf of those around the world that live in poverty. Father, I pray you would provide for their needs. Please provide food, clean water, shelter, protection from diseases. Please provide comfort and peace for their hearts.
I pray specifically for the workers in the sugar plantation in the Dominican Republic. I pray, Holy Spirit, you convict the company of their vile ways. I pray for change from the inside of the company. I pray that you would move in the hearts of those that have the power to affect that change.
Father, show me ways I can help your children, here in my own community, and around the world. Teach me to be grateful for the many blessings in my life, teach me to be content!
Amen

That seems like such a small thing for me to do, but I believe, have faith, that it will make a difference!
Matthew 17:20 says: "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments: