Friday, May 2, 2008

God is so Good!!!

I got an unexpected call today at 3:30. A friend had two extra tickets to the Michael W. Smith concert, would Hubbie and I like to go?
Ummm...let me think about that for two seconds...a resounding YES!!
I had planned on surprising Hubbie with tickets, but we decided not to go (we had small group scheduled for that night, we don't really know his current stuff, yada, yada, yada).
We did ditch our girls on our small group and skipped out on them (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! We could not have gone if you all did not say yes!! We hear we missed a great movie! lol)

The concert was AMAZING!!! Smitty is just as good as ever. God was in the house in a mighty way!! The music was phenomenal and uplifting!! I for warned Hubbie that he might disown me by the end of the concert (I am a standing on my feet, hands in the air kind of worshiper, when I don't feel self-conscious!). He played Secret Ambition and Friends from the "old" days! It warmed my heart. Those are both songs from the beginning of my faith.

Another really cool thing about that evening was that Compassion was there. This guy was there too. (I knew that from reading his blog.) I worked up the nerve to meet him. I have been reading his blog since February. Spence works for Compassion and gets to work with the different artists that promote the work that Compassion does. He was happy to meet someone that read his blog. It was neat to be able to meet him in person.

It was a great evening. Again, I felt God confirming His call on my life to look beyond myself and my world. Hubbie got to hear the Compassion promo for himself. I can't tell you how hard it was not to raise my hand to receive a child to sponsor, but I am trusting that God knows the desire of my heart. In His time, He will grant that desire! For now, I will continue to pray for "our girls", trusting that He knows who they are!!

Thank you Jacqueline for thinking of us! God used you in a mighty way tonight!!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

glad you had a great time!!

(and it WAS a great movie! LOL )