Monday, May 5, 2008

Marriage Monday

The Crazy Way We Met

Sitting at my desk answering the phones. Enters a quiet shy guy, "Here are your copies."
"Thank you"

That was the first conversation Hubbie and I had with each other. I was a student assistant in a Small Business Development Center on campus. He was a student assistant in the copy center. We carried on that lengthy conversation for about 2 months.

Then I joined the Wesley Foundation on campus and guess who was there: "Here are your copies." Over the course of 6 months we got to know each other in a group setting, until he finally arranged a "date" without having to ask just me!! (He tells a different story!)

Our relationship developed very slowly: we became good friends, we started dating, we talked for hours and hours, we prayed together. All of a sudden we realized we wanted to spend forever together. I can still remember the day that it felt wrong to leave him in the evening, my place was next to him.

And as they say, "The rest is history."

I don't have a clear picture of how He brought us together but we have certainly seen His hand in our life. Small little details changed our course forever. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we belong together!!

14 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, what a neat story! Yes, God hand was in it for sure...

Thanks for sharing this today.

May you have many, many more wonderful years together!!

Angela @ Refresh My Soul Blog said...

That is sweet! I love how sometimes the best things for us are right under our noses and we do not even see them. The best thing is God knows and will work them all out.
Blessings,
Angela

the160acrewoods said...

that is a wonderful story! thanks for sharing!

Peculiar said...

This was a short and sweet story. God had such an obvious plan right where you both were, and He had things unfold ever so neatly. I enjoyed reading your story. Blessings to you and yours.

e-Mom said...

It's fun to look back isn't it? Hindsight is 20/20, as they say. Relationships that develop slowly are often good ones!

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, April.

Blessings, e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Connie Marie said...

"I can still remember the day that it felt wrong to leave him in the evening, my place was next to him."

That is neat. I remember that too, it comes to a point where continuing on unmarried can only lead to Trouble!

I enjoyed your love story, and it's proof that one just never knows when the little cupid will strike again!

May God continue to bless your marriage.

Lori said...

Awwww! I just loved your story. How sweet!

Lori

Linnet's Nest said...

A lovely story.

Many blessings to you and your hubby.

Andrea said...

So sweet! It's great that you can recall the first words hubby ever spoke to you! How special!

Your relationship developed just as ours did...slowly and prayfully. May God bless you both today and ALWAYS!

Jaime said...

very sweet story!! :)

MiPa said...

I love stories where God makes people friends before He makes them partners. Bless you for sharing.

Melly said...

That was wonderful. What a great story. I loved reading it.

dakotablueeyes said...

awesome thanks for sharing

Tami Boesiger said...

Do you have children? When they were born did you hand them to him and say, "Here are YOUR copies"?!