Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday



"always giving thanks to God the Father for everything,
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:20


It has been one of those weeks at our house! I am called to be thankful for the illness that has woken me up for four nights!!
So here is my list:
I am thankful for the illness that has invaded my house.
I am thankful for the snuggles I have received this week because of said illness.
I am thankful for a great washer and dryer that helped clean up (every night)!
I am thankful for my husband's understanding and help this week.
I am thankful for the break I got last night with a dear friend!! (we rearranged her bedroom at 10 last night!! Call me crazy but that was just what I needed!!)
I am thankful God heard and answered my prayers last night!!!
I am thankful no one redecorated their beds last night!!! Whoo Hoo!!
Praise God!!!!

Join us over at Sting My Heart to see what other people are thankful for this week!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, dear... I am so sorry to hear of all the sickness it sounds like you've had at your house. From experience, I know it is NOT fun to be awakened at night and find a sick child with clothing and a bed that needs to be cleaned. How wonderful it is to hear you singing the Lord's praises and sharing your grateful heart regardless!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

Praying for God to take the illness away from your home, be blessed.

Kelly said...

April,
You don't know me, but I Amy's sister. I actually read your blog as often as I can. Sorry about your grandpa. Appreciate your thanksgiving blessings, totally understand while having a difficult and trying time (with double trouble with the stomach bug) finding the thanksgivings and bringing those to him. Thanks for sharing as yours remind me of more reasons to be thankful. :)

Darlene said...

Hope things are better soon! Have a great week and Happy Mother's Day!

twinklemom said...

God bless you! Praying that all will be feeliing better; I am so touched of your praise in light of the illness; Isn't God amazing? Even when we seem to be juggling it all; He is so strong for us to find that strength through Him.

Amy said...

hey April, sorry you are all sick..hope you're all on the mend :-)