Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Family has been on my mind this past week. Somewhere along in my life I developed a deep sense of family. It is not that my family got together a lot or even communicated well together. I believe it is God-given! My extended family is scattered all over the US. I am incredibly excited that in the course of one month I will have seen ALL of my Aunts and Uncles and several of my cousins.

This week I am thankful for my family!

I am thankful my parents live 10 minutes away and are an active part of our lives.
I am thankful that my brother and his wife and daughter live close by also.
I am thankful for my new niece or nephew!! Thank you for caring for that tiny baby growing inside my sister in love!
I am thankful my dad has developed a deep sense of family and encourages us to gather together on a weekly basis.
I am thankful for the gathering of my mom's family last Saturday. It was an awesome time of just being together!
I am thankful for the celebration that will be on Saturday for Granddaddy. Lord, I pray and thank you for moving in the details of the day. Thank you in advance for providing a wonderful time with my dad's family.
I am thankful my in love's live close enough to be able to come watch the girls on Saturday.
I am also thankful for my church family. My girls are growing up surrounded by God's love!!

Join us at Sting my Heart for more Thankful Thursday!!

5 comments:

maiylah said...

what a lovely thankful post! I, too, am thankful for some of my family who lives just nearby. Their presence is so comforting. :)
Blessings ...

thank you for visiting My Thankful Thursday post.

Darlene said...

Fabulous post! Family living close is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great week & Happy TT!

Denise said...

Family are such gifts, bless you dear.

Melanie said...

I am so thankful for family this week, too. Each one of them are so precious!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

April,
What a beautiful list! How blessed you are to have family, especially your mom so near.

Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments!

Blessings!