Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Psalm 141:8
But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD;
in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.

God is sovereign and He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I have had to cling to that TRUTH this week. Satan tried very hard to have his way but "my eyes are fixed on you!"

Dear Lord,
Thank you for your sovereignty. Thank you for having a plan for our life as a family. I firmly believe that You know the desire of my heart and You will honor that desire in YOUR timing. Thank you for speaking TRUTH into my life this week. Thank you for helping me stand strong against Satan's lies. Thank you for deep friendships that encourage my faith. Thank you for my husband's understanding and compassion. Thank you for this past week and all of its' ups and downs!!
Amen

Join us at Sting my Heart for more Thankful Thursday!!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Such a lovely prayer, bless you.

Tanja said...

Great post! Whenever I am stressed by things going on in my life, I concentrate on the same truth. God does not change and He is not surprised by my difficulties. He is so GOOD!

BP said...

I liked how you put your TT post in a prayer form. God bless you. I like that verse and the reminder it is to focus on the Lord.

Heather@Mommymonk said...

He is sovereign no matter what lies the enemy whispers in our ears. That's a truth worth clinging to!

Peggy said...

April love your scripture and prayer from your heart. I'm glad you held on and fixed your eyes! May you find strength in HIS TRUTH and may the enemy's lies be broken! Be free and rejoice...Great TT! Be blessed!

Pia said...

beautiful prayer. God knows what He's doing and we can trust Him for that. He's in control of our lives. nothing get pass Him without His knowing. we just need to wait for His timing for the fulfillment of His promises in our lives. meditate on Psalm 37:4. that's my verse for this week's TT.