Friday, May 23, 2008

Then Sings my Soul

This song carried me through the early part of the week. Tuesday was a rough day. I got in the car and this song came on; I almost had to pull over to have a good cry!! I love the line about being "broken in my melody." For some reason that line resonates with me.
This week I had to stand firm on this Promise of a Lifetime - God will never walk away from me. He promises that in His Word. I cling to that promise!!


"Promise Of A Lifetime" by Kutless

I have fallen to my knees
As I sing a lullaby of pain
I'm feeling broken in my melody
As I sing to help the tears go away

Then I remember the pledge you made to me

[CHORUS:]
I know you're always there
To hear my every prayer inside
I'm clinging to the promise of a lifetime
I hear the words you say
To never walk away from me and leave behind
The promise of a lifetime

Will you help me fall apart
Pick me up, take me in your arms
Find my way back from the storm
And you show me how to grow
Through the change

I still remember the pledge you made to me

[BRIDGE:]
I am holding on to the hope I have inside
With you I will stay through every day
Putting my understanding aside

And I am comforted

Join Amy for more great songs.

10 comments:

amy said...

Beautiful!!!! I had several good cries these days..Boy, I sure do wish we lived closer

Stephanie (Ocean Mommy) said...

This was just beautiful. Very appropriate for this week...

Blessings to you
stephanie

Andrea said...

Wow - I just loved reading the words. It's funny how when we're going through something difficult people can't understand the strength we have. He is our strength because of His pledge to us! That's so amazing. Thanks for sharing :-)

Melissa Lea said...

Great, Great, Great! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful song! Have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

Great song! Thanks for sharing!

Have a blessed and safe weekend!

Mel's World said...

WOW...I never knew the words to that song...simply wonderful! Thanks for sharing...we LOVE Kutless here at our house too!

Kelley said...

Wonderful song and such a comforting promise! Thanks for the reminder that He is always there!!!

Liza's Eyeview said...

This ministered to me today. Thank you.

Earthmommy said...

Beautiful....its wonderful how te Lord seems to know what we need and provide it in wonderful ways.

Amy Wyatt said...

Sometimes we just have to believe His promises. I had never heard this song before but I loved it and the words were awesome. Thanks for posting this and joining us this week.