Monday, June 23, 2008

40 Day Fast

This past February God rocked my comfortable little world when I followed this man and his wife as they traveled to Uganda with Compassion International. I started following several of the other bloggers, which led to Kat's blog and this picture and post. The picture haunted me. I knew that if Kat did another fast I wanted to be a part of it. I don't want to settle back into that ignorant self-absorbed world. I want to lift up those in need in prayer, I want to work toward helping tangibly. I chose to be a part of this fast to have my world rocked again and again. I pray none of us are the same at the end of these 40 days!!

The Mocha Club is an organization that is meeting the needs in Africa. They are "tying together two communities - Africa and you." The cost of 2 mochas...
You get to decide where your money goes. There are several projects you can chose from: education, AIDS/HIV, orphan care, etc. Mocha Club provides monthly updates so you get to see how your gift is making a difference.
Please join me in praying for this organization today. Please consider forming your own team to partner with them.

12 comments:

Jacquelynne said...

Isn't it amazing what such a small amount of money can do- the amount that we would "throw away" on a single fast food meal can literally mean life or death to someone in another part of the world. Thank you for the humbling reminder that all of us really CAN make a difference.

dyerjl said...

Thank you for this post. I hadn't heard of the Mocha Club before. What a great organization and how eye-opening that such a small amount of money in our eyes can do so much.

The Secret Life of Kat said...

I love your passion! It's so inspiring...

The mocha club is an incredible organization. Thanks for highlighting them!

kat said...

Praying for you today, April. Thanks for highlighting Mocha Club and how so little can accomplish so much.

Amy said...

Great post April and thanks so much for sharing why you joined in this year. :) I love the title of your blog!

euphrony said...

By the way, that second "kat" was actually me, euphrony. Don't know how that happened.

steven.russell said...

Praying for you today.

Great post.

sarah chia said...

Very cool. And a great organization for people who can't spare much $$ but still want to help make a difference.

amy said...

praying for your today! Thanks for sharing this!

FYI, steven russell was the first blog I ever read and I went to college with him. Odd how this blogging world has connected so many people

kddub said...

those statistics are amazing, I had no idea that 7 dollars could go so far.

Mocha club seems like a great organization!
I'm glad that you are apart of the 40 day fast!

Mocha said...

Annie, thank you for sharing so much about Mocha Club! We are honored to serve Africa with you!

Christine Bailey
Mocha Club Membership Director

nancy said...

Great blog! Great information. What we might consider small change can change a life somewhere else.